The Kitchen Garden Program is a fun, hands-on learning program delivering pleasurable food education. With strong curriculum integration and a focus on student wellbeing, collaboration and leadership, students learn to grow, harvest, prepare and share fresh, seasonal, delicious food – forming positive food habits for life.
Talk to us to find out how easy it is to adapt the Kitchen Garden Program to any school setting. Contact our Support Team on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or firstname.lastname@example.org, or attend an upcoming info session.
“Each week after kitchen and garden classes, students undertake literacy and numeracy follow-up activities, such as writing procedural texts, writing narratives based in the kitchen or garden, identifying origins of food from around the world and drawing maps of the garden.” – Louisa Carey, Program Coordinator, Hallam Primary School, Victoria
As well as instilling positive food habits in students through growing, harvesting, preparing and sharing fresh produce, a kitchen garden program offers:
- life and practical skills
- student wellbeing and connectedness
- alternate ways of learning for increased engagement
- investigations into sustainability and food security.
For schools and educators the program provides:
- curriculum-integrated materials adaptable to any school environment
- personalised support and guidance for the Kitchen Garden Foundation Support Team
- professional development opportunities
- community of practice for support and inspiration
- increased community and social inclusion.
Hungry to get started?
Become a member today and join a community of primary schools teaching young people how to grow, harvest, prepare and share fresh, seasonal, delicious food.
Kitchen Garden Program Membership Inclusions
2-year renewal: $440
For further information or to find out what a membership looks like (and for a taste of our year-round membership support), contact our Support Team of Kitchen Garden specialists on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or email@example.com